A bit more background on my ancestors:
Peter Nafzger (Nofsker/Noffsinger), born between 1700 and 1710 in the Palatinate and died 1783, married Sophronia Wise, born ? and died 1808. Peter came to America aboard the Phoenix and settled in Berwick Township, PA.
Peter and Sophronia’s son Samuel Noffsinger (1770-1839) married Mary Hyner (Hiner) (1770-1850). They lived in Botetourt County, Virginia
Samuel and Mary’s son Abraham Noffsinger (1797-1859) married Elizabeth Ferrill (1802-1877).
Abraham and Elizabeth’s daughter Mary Anne Noffsinger (1828-1898) married John Christian Nace (1828-1928). He was the son of William Nace, overseer of Mount Joy Plantation in Buchanan (Botetourt County), and his first wife Hester Fringer.
John and Mary Anne’s son William Robert Nace (one source says 1860; another 1854-1935) married Sulmana Frances Spence (Her first name is spelled Sulmenia and Sulmena in various documents) (1864-1944). Here is how she looked in 1927:
Their daughters (who survived past infancy):
- Mary Lucy Nace (1885-19?? ) married Charles Franklin Mays.
- Mattie Blanche Nace (1886-1983) married Howard Rufus Ruble.
- Cora Virginia Nace (1888-1945) married Thomas Owen Hunt (1877-1965) .
- Annie Pearl Nace (1890-1911) lived in Lithia.
- Ossie Bell Nace (1894-1987) married George Lewis Goode (1888-1985).
- Zora William Nace (1903-1988) married James C. Gross, Jr. (1898-1978) .
Four of the sisters scattered across Virginia: Lucy to Richmond, Blanche to Roanoke, Cora to Boones Mill and then back to Botetourt County, Zora to Newport News. Ossie stayed in the Lithia/Buchanan area; Pearl spent her whole life in Lithia and is buried at Lithia Baptist Church near her parents.