Friday, March 11, 2011

Lithia Station

A picture of the train station at Lithia sent to me by my cousin, Bill Gross, whose mother was Zora Nace, the youngest of the Nace sisters. His mother and my grandmother no doubt boarded the train here many times for trips to the big city of Roanoke.

This is a wider angle of the picture I posted on the previous entry.

The station was a Norfolk & Western passenger/freight station. Apparently it didn't change much for decades.

According to Bill, "The picture was taken in 1918, but I remember it as a kid and that is how I remember it too." 

~

1 comment:

  1. My mother, Shirley Spencer, took trips from that depot. She grew up in Lithia. Her parents were John Clark & Mildred Spencer (Swartz). They were good friends with George & Ozzie Goode (Nace). But the building was gone when I knew it. Only the concrete foundation was there.

    ReplyDelete